What is domain mapping? How to map a domain name of Godaddy & hosting of AWS mapped using cloudflare?
Domain mapping is the process of associating a domain name with a website or web-based application. When you map a domain to a website, you are telling the DNS (Domain Name System) to direct traffic for that domain to the website's server. This allows users to access your website using the domain name you have chosen, rather than the IP address of the server.
To map a domain from GoDaddy to a hosting account on AWS using Cloudflare, you will need to do the following:
- Sign up for a Cloudflare account and log in to the Cloudflare dashboard.
- In the Cloudflare dashboard, click the "Add a Website" button.
- Enter the domain name that you have registered with GoDaddy and click the "Scan DNS Records" button. Cloudflare will scan your DNS records and pre-populate the DNS settings for your website.
- Review the DNS settings and make any necessary changes.
- Select a plan for your website. Cloudflare offers a range of paid plans, as well as a free plan that includes basic security and performance features.
- Click the "Add Site" button to add your website to Cloudflare.
- Follow the prompts to set up your Cloudflare account and configure your website's settings.
- After your website has been added to Cloudflare, you will need to update the DNS records for your domain to point to Cloudflare's servers. You can do this by updating the nameservers for your domain to the nameservers provided by Cloudflare.
- In the AWS Management Console, navigate to the EC2 dashboard and select the instance that you want to use as the host for your website.
- In the instance's details, copy the public IP address or DNS name.
- In the Cloudflare dashboard, navigate to the "DNS" tab for your website.
- Add a new DNS record for your domain, using the public IP address or DNS name of your AWS instance as the value.
- Save your changes and wait for the DNS records to propagate.
That's it! You have now mapped your GoDaddy domain to your AWS hosting account using Cloudflare. Users will be able to access your website using the domain name you have chosen, and traffic will be routed through Cloudflare's servers for improved security and performance.