What is CDN? Top Five CDNs.
Content Delivery Network (CDN) is a distributed network of servers that are used to deliver web content to users based on their geographic location. CDN servers are located in strategic locations around the world and work together to deliver content to users as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Here are the top 5 CDN providers:
- Akamai Technologies: Akamai is a leading CDN provider that serves billions of requests per day for some of the world's largest companies.
- Cloudflare: Cloudflare is a popular CDN provider that offers a range of services, including content delivery, DDoS protection, and web security.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): AWS is a cloud computing platform that offers a CDN service called Amazon CloudFront. It is a global network of edge locations that deliver content to users with low latency and high transfer speeds.
- Fastly: Fastly is a CDN provider that offers a range of services, including content delivery, edge computing, and security.
- Limelight Networks: Limelight is a CDN provider that serves a global network of data centers and edge locations. It offers a range of services, including content delivery, video streaming, and cloud storage.
Overall, CDN is a crucial technology for improving the performance and scalability of websites and web-based applications. The top CDN providers offer a range of services and features that help businesses deliver content to users around the world quickly and efficiently.