To create a localhost environment, you will typically need the following:
- Web server software, such as Apache or Nginx
- PHP runtime environment, if you're using a PHP-based web app
- Database software, such as MySQL or PostgreSQL, if your web app requires a database
- A text editor or integrated development environment (IDE) to edit the code of your web app
- A browser to test your web app
There are several software packages that bundle all these components together and provide an easy way to set up a local development environment, such as XAMPP, WAMP, and MAMP. These packages also typically include additional tools and utilities, such as phpMyAdmin for managing databases, and should be compatible with most web apps that require a local development environment.