LOCAL TRAVEL POLICY
It is important that all of us follow certain guidelines around utilizing local travel facilities. Local
Travel is required for multiple reasons. It may be required for Business Development, Presales or for Project Execution. From Financial Management perspective they are treated under different heads and it is important to account them properly.
E.g. Travel expense required for project execution is factored in the project cost and deviations from the budgeted amount leave adverse effect on the project health. All in all of us should ensure that we follow the general guidelines set at the company level or at the project level. This document captures general guidelines. If your project does not have any specific guidelines, general guidelines are applicable.
All reimbursements are made truly on actual cost basis and none of reimbursements should be treated as a perk.
Home to Office Travel
• This travel cost is inbuilt into associates’ salary and there is no reimbursement policy against this travel.
Project Execution Related Travel
• Policy is same for s Owned projects or Partner/Staffing engagements
• Expenses towards travel to project are reimbursable only if you are traveling more than 24 Kms to and fro, which should be over and above your home to office to-fro distance. This is based on an understanding that a travel of 12 KM one way per day is acceptable and is not eligible for any reimbursements.
• An associate travels 20 KM one way from home to office on regular basis. He gets deputed to a client site without any engagement specific travel arrangement from client. The distance of travel from home to project site is not 22 KM one way. Entitlement will be for 2 KM each way.
• An associate travels 7 KM from home to office. He gets deputed to a client site without any engagement specific travel arrangement from client. The distance of travel from home to project site is not 14 KM one way. This distance is 28 KM per day which is more than 4 KM from the base limit of 24 KM. He will be entitled for 4 KMs of reimbursement.
• Client / project specific travel arrangements if any shall be communicated to the associate.
• The reimbursements will be calculated based on a flat rate of 5 INR/KM irrespective of the mode of transport used. This rate is estimated based on self-vehicle travel and parking charges if any. We encourage the associates to use this mode of travel only.
• This policy also applies when an associate has to travel to more than one project sites on the same day.
• In case of one-off visit to customer site i.e. support engagements, the approval of the visit is taken by concerned Project Manager and reimbursement is done at the rate of 5 INR/KM or a cab is arranged by the company.
Sales, Presales, Business Development, Marketing Related Travel and Expenses
• Either Operations arranges a cab or it is reimbursed at a flat rate of 5 INR/KM for all local travels
• Reimbursable Food expenses supposed to be claimed against bills.
1) Breakfast – INR 100
2) Lunch – INR 150
3) Evening Snacks – INR 100
4) Dinner – INR 150
We are supposed to submit the reimbursement claim within 5 business working days from the expense and usually it should take 15 business days to settle the claim.
Out-of-City Travel Policy
Out-of-City Travel is required for multiple reasons. It may be required for Business Development, Presales or for Project Execution. From Financial Management perspective they are not treated under different heads and it is important to account them properly. All of us are supposed to be claim advances or reimbursement against these expenses following all the guidelines –
Project Execution Based Travel and Allowance
For any travel outside base office / NCR for project execution purpose is going to be covered under a Project Based Deputation Note. If you are not aware about the Deputation terms for your project, please talk to your lead or next person in the escalation line.
Other Official Out-of-City Travel
For each one of us the mode of travel is AC II Tier Train or AC Chair Car. However, depending on the urgency, need and travel time, case by case decisions are made about Air mode of travel. Final decision authority on these matters is Head-Operations. This policy may be modified in near future.
The purpose of per diem expense is to cover expenses on food and some other minor expenses.
It does not include local travel and lodging in the other city. Local travel and lodging in the other city are covered based on actuals and claimed against bills. The current guideline for choosing a hotel in any other city on business travels is to choose the most economical accommodation that works. Per Diem for any city in India is 600/- INR per day. However, this is maximum cap and is supposed to be claimed against bills.
Either operations arrange the lodging or maximum 1200 INR including taxes is allowed in any city in India for hotel accommodation per day. Associates are expected to hire hotel room on twin sharing basis in case of more than one associate on the same trip. Associates who prefer to stay with their friends and family are entitled for a reimbursement of INR 500/- per day.
Expensed on actuals against bills
We are supposed to submit the reimbursement claim within 5 business working days of coming back from the trip or every 5 days for longer travels.
Search Knowledge Base Articles
Did you find this article useful?
Web Designers Descriptions & ResponsibilitiesWeb Designer Job Description We are looking for a Web Designer who will be responsible for creating great websites for our clients. Primary duties inc...
Web Developer's Descriptions & ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for a skilled Web Developer who will be responsible for developing and/or designing websites for our company. You will be working along...
Full-stack developer's Descriptions & ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for a highly skilled computer programmer who is comfortable with both front and back-end programming. Full Stack Developers are respons...
UI UX Designer's Descriptions & ResponsibilitiesVivamus magna est, placerat et dignissim et, elementum quis lacus. Nulla laoreet pharetra vehicula. Vestibulum euismod augue ac velit consectetur, ac ...
Senior Developer's Descriptions & ResponsibilitiesWe are looking for an experienced Senior Developer to be responsible for overseeing junior developers on projects and supporting various development d...